Nouzha ChekrouniFormer Ambassador to Canada, Morocco
Diplomatic & Political Leadership Experience
- Ambassador of The Kingdom of Morocco in Canada (2009-2016)
- Dean of The Council of Arab League Ambassadors to Canada (2015-2016)
- Minister for the Moroccan Community Residing Abroad (2002-2007)
- Member of Moroccan Parliament (2002-2007)
- Minister of Women and Social Issues (1998-2002)
- Senior Fellow, Advanced Leadership, Harvard University 2016.
- Fellow, Advanced Leadership, Harvard University 2015.
- Ethics and International Relations, Harvard University (Winter Session, 2011).
- Doctorate in Linguistics, Sorbonne Nouvelle, Paris III, France (1983).
- Post-Graduate Diploma, Linguistics, Sorbonne Nouvelle, Paris III, France (1979).
- License (Bachelor Degree), Philological Faculty, University of Fez, Morocco (1978).
- Visiting Professor, Middlebury College, Vermont, USA (1990).
- Full-Tenured Professor and Chair, French & Foreign Languages Department, Philological Faculty of Meknes, University Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdallah (1986-1998).
- Lecturer on Linguistics, École Pratique des Hautes Études, Paris (1986-1990).
- Delivered seminars at Toulouse Le Mirail University, Toulouse, France (1990-1994).
Labour-Movement & Leadership Experience
- Vice-President, Socialist International Organization, London, United Kingdom (2008-2015)
- General Secretary (Regional), High-Education Union (SNESUP) (1985 – 1990).
- Executive Member, National Advisory Board, High-Education Union (SNESUP) (1987-1990).
- Member, Political Bureau, Public-Service Union (USFP) (1999-2008).
- National-Council Member, Public-Service Union (USFP) (2008-to this day).
- General Secretary, Women Affairs, Arab Labour Organization (2001-2009).
LANGUAGES: Arabic, English, French, and spanish.